Sunday, May 13, 2007

Open Source Graphics story on OhmyNews

OhmyNews have published my story about the Libre Graphics Meeting in Montreal.

I heard about it from a message following an earlier story about Creative Suite.

Looking at the discussion it seems clear that Blender is getting attention for 3D animation. I was struck by a blog comment that a lack of CMYK was not too much of a problem as print was getting rare.

I often think that Adobe are moving their audience too quickly but maybe this drift away from print is going too fast not to be noticed.

I am allowed to include some opinions in reporting for OhmyNews. I put in a request for more on JDF. Unless the print industry offers JDF soon there will not be much of an offer for speed or flexibility in comparison with the web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home